Cristina T.

We Found Love

We Found Love - Kade Boehme, Allison Cassatta

We Found Love is a story about two people fighting personal demons.

It is a tale of two kindred souls who just need someone to care.

It is about

who's a manic depressive. He was kidnapped when he was 6, and tortured for 4 endless years. He's hopeless. He calls himself a lifer.

...and Hunter...

who's an alcoholic. He lost someone and couldn't recover from the grief. So, he turned to drugs and alcohol. He's Riley's savior.

Hunter's eyes popped open, and he looked longingly at Riley's, pleading for something Riley didn't know how to provide. "I can't do that. I won't do that. I won't go down like that. I'm going to help myself."
He slid his hands down to raise his shirt front and wiped his face of its messy emotions. When he turned his attention back to Riley, he loudly inhaled, exhaled. "I wish you'd help yourself too."

They meet in a hopeless place, a mental hospital, but they learn to hope, and ultimately, they find love.

The hospital is against fraternizing. But Riley and Hunter find ways to be together.

There are gentle stolen touches, like a brushing of their knuckles...

...and a forbidden abandoned wing, which serves as an escape place, and where they can indulge in each other...

They have issues to work out on their own, and their relationship is not all sunshine and flowers, but they're determined to make it.

And the cherry on top? This book has one of the best epilogues I've ever read! Just beautiful!

I can't recommend this story highly enough! It was exactly my cup of tea, and utterly perfect at that!