Cristina T.

As You Are

As You Are - Ethan Day So... This is how this little gem of a book made me feel...

...and I can't seem to wipe the face-splitting grin off my face just yet. This was my first Ethan Day book, and it will certainly not be my last!

As You Are is hilarious, sweet, with just the right amount of angst, and it's just the perfect book for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Julian is a firm believer in true love, but his views on romance are a little twisted. He's waiting for The One, but fails to see what's right in front of him, which is why he's been in love with his roommate Danny for over a year, and thinks his feelings are not reciprocated. Julian is quirky, funny, kind of a neurotic mess, and he can be bratty, stubborn, and judgmental. I found myself wanting to smack him during a few scenes. But luckily, he has two strong women in his life to keep him grounded.

Speaking of, Gabby, Julian's best friend, was hilarious. I especially enjoyed the kitchen sceneā€“it was laugh-until-you-cry funny. This woman's a riot! And also, Julian's mom, Delilah, was such a great character. She was always there for her son, but not in an overbearing way, and the way she took Danny under her wing was endearing.

Danny is fan-freaking-tastic, and I love him! He seems to be an arrogant asshole, who's always bringing home a new fling, seemingly to flaunt them in Julian's face. But that's just an act, as he's also in love with his roommate. He goes and proves it, too, when he takes the first step towards pursuing Julian. Apart from his mistake, I just wanted to hug him and tell him not to worry when he became all jealous. I wish there was more insight as to how his mind worked, because that intrigued me. But eh, guess you can't have it all.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to reading more of Ethan Day's work!