Cristina T.

Billy's Turn

Billy's Turn - Nick Pageant Billy's Turn was a lovely story about two damaged boys who find each other and fall in love.

Billy is a shy young man who suffers from a mild case of cerebral palsy. His disease makes him feel awkward around people, since he constantly questions whether or not they see his limp. Due to this, he also beats himself up and pushes his body hard to minimize the symptoms. He is a sweet, genuine guy, who works in a diner with the three men he calls his family.

Seth goes to the gym Billy frequents. He's handsome and confident, but he's got a bad reputation. Of course Billy has a major crush on him and after being cockblocked by his friends, when he meets Seth on vacation, the heat level goes through the roof. Speaking of, I loved the little cozy cottage on the beach.

I pretty much expected and tried to guess the big secret throughout the whole book, and I have to admit I didn't picture that scenario. But I was glad the boys got their HEA after all.

What kind of bothered me was how easily Billy forgave his mom. It felt a little rushed. Or maybe I was just too mad at her for damaging him in the first place, but I didn't think she deserved his forgiveness. Also, I would have liked to know more about Seth's past and why he ended up being who he was.

Oh, and I'm not much of an ice cream person, but this book has made me crave a pistachio cone...

Hosted by imgur.com