Cristina T.

The Mysterious Affair at Styles

The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie BR with Marco and Kayl on February 11th :)

This is Agatha Christie's debut novel and frankly, that boggles my mind, because it's so clever! I mean, she did get entitled Queen of Crime for a reason. The Mysterious Affair at Styles was a delight to read, and while the clues were there all along, I wouldn't have guessed the murderer in a million years. On the contrary, I dismissed the person in question from the start, and I think that speaks volumes for how masterfully Christie crafted the plot. For that, I take my proverbial hat off to her!

What's more important, this story featured Monsieur Poirot, the beloved Belgian detective, whom I adore. His charm is unmissable, he dresses flawlessly, he's a gentleman through and through, and he's incredibly smart. And of course, he wears the most fabulous moustache that ever was.

So, this was a lot of fun to read, and I'm looking forward to reading/re-reading the rest of the books we–my awesome BR buddies and I–have planned for this year. :D